Mission Statement: The Wolcott Family Foundation, WOLFF, focuses its funding in the areas of social change and environmental stewardship, with emphasis on supporting grassroots organizations for which a small grant can make a real contribution. We are a four generation family-run organization, convinced of the power of small groups to make a significant difference in helping people change their world.
Funding Calendar The next proposal deadline is the first Friday of September. All proposals must be received by the Wolcott Family Foundation, P.O. Box 460847, Denver CO 80246 no later than 5p.m. on the deadline. Proposals postmarked but not received on the deadline date will not be considered.
Priority Areas (Please read carefully)
Priority is given to organizations that:
- empower individuals and communities to organize for social change
- seek to strengthen civil liberties and civil rights issues (Examples: equal opportunity, equal justice and racism, equal protection and due process, disabilities, reproductive rights)
- build community development that seeks to address urgent ecological problems or break the cycle of poverty, create economic opportunity and build effective leadership in distressed communities (Examples: access to quality employment, leadership development, community participation)
- demonstrate linkages and interdependence of ecosystems and economics with win-win solutions and collaborative approaches or address urgent ecological threats
Consideration will be given to projects that emphasize environmental preservation, advocacy and community involvement aimed at root causes of societal problems.
What Is Not Funded
- Groups with annual budgets over $350,000
- Capital campaigns
- nonprofit organizations classified under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code geographic restriction - organizations based in Colorado are given preference
- grant awards are for the duration of one year
- organizations are eligible to reapply at the end of a grant period if a final report is on file for the previous grant award or is included with new application
- requests will be considered for either general support or specific project support site visits may be requested at the discretion of the Foundation
Grant amounts will generally range from $1,000 - $5,000